Friday, February 02, 2007

I am a Nerd...Total, Total Nerd

Not only did I ask Barack Obama to be my friend on myspace, I made him one of my top friends. NERD!!!! Seriously though I have totally drank the kool-aid, having read Dreams from My Father and Audacity of Hope over Christmas I am really excited about him. I am definitely more liberal than Obama but what totally won me over is that when he says things I don't agree I end up respecting him more...that never happens, seriously for the most part my knee jerk reaction tends to be: you disagree with me, well you're an idiot (one of my more quality attributes, I know). I think his ability to work with people on the issues without using strawmen or dehumanizing character attacks will serve to begin to mend the damage wrought by the US (both abroad and at home) in the past 6 years. I have no idea if he can win either in November or in the primaries but I do know that when and if I get my opportunity to vote for him, I will be doing just that - voting FOR him and not just against his competition which will be fan-frickin-tastic!

Today is the start of the DNC Winter Meeting and Barack got the chance along with Hillary, Dennis Kucinich, Chris Dodd and John Edwards to pitch his candidacy. Live news coverage got pre-empted by the Florida disaster coverage but from the clips he and John Edwards both sounded great! Hmmm, maybe John will be my friend too, just not one of my top friends ;)


-A. Monkey


as soon as I posted this I heard Tucker Carlson talk about how Rigoberta Menchu was a total fraud and undeserving of her Nobel Peace Prize unlike, wait for it... Rush Limbaugh. My immediate response was this guy oughta be shot - see my tendencies to evil knee jerk reactions. And just to be clear - NO ONE SHOULD SHOOT TUCKER CARLSON - we should just all agree he is a pompous ass ;)