Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Not to be Judgmental But...

...this dude must be crazy!!!

And by this dude I mean Dean Karnazes. He is attempting to complete Endurance 50: 50 marathons in 50 states in 50 days. The kick off is September 17th. In training he has done 10 marathons and several 100(+) mile "ultra" marathons. He has a blog where I assume he will be documenting the journey. The idea is that local runners will join him in each city. 8 of the marathons will be regularly scheduled ones and 42 will be recreations of the normal marathon - same route, same distance, different day. He is running the twin cities marathon course in Minneapolis on Monday, October 23rd at 7am to find out when and where he will be running in another state (you can also sign up to run with him) click here.

Ok yeah seriously I am trying to like running and eventually I want to run a marathon (one marathon - not 50) but good lord that sounds god awful. Right now I still feel bad ass when I do a 5K or the 10K that almost killed me ;)

Good luck to him

-A. Monkey